I’m naturally more of a realist, although since being married to my husband, I’ve become a “born again” optimist. He is just so damn happy all the time (he has his moments though, he’s only human) and EVERYONE loves him. When we first started dating, I noticed he always carried a rock in his pocket. I asked him what it was and he told me it was a gratitude rock. Every time he reached into his pocket and felt this rock, it would remind him to think of something he was grateful for. That seriously blew me away, and that’s when I knew he was someone truly special. He doesn’t carry the rock around anymore because he says he doesn’t need the reminder anymore; his blessings are always in front of him (me and the kiddos). Told you…the BEST man ever.
As I sat down and typed out 50 things that made me happy, I realized I have so much to be grateful for! This will be such an awesome list for me to return to when I’m feeling down or in need of a positive energy boost. Anyways, I got this post idea from Paula at Thirteen Thoughts (go check her out!), and I figured this would be a good way for you to get to know me. Without further ado, here are 50 things that make me happy:
1. My husband. He is the love of my life and my rock. He’s incredibly smart and the BEST daddy. Sometimes I seriously wonder how I landed such an awesome guy.
2. My daughter. She’s hilarious and I’m so proud of the little person she’s becoming.
3. My son. He’s such a happy and easy baby!
4. My brothers and sisters. I have one biological brother and two brothers-in-law and two sisters-in-law. We all get along so well and I’m so proud of the people they are.
5. The rest of my family. They’ve all affected my life in positive ways and made me who I am today.
6. Champagne. Bubbly. I think we’re done here.
7. Yoga. It’s what keeps me sane, and the anxiety (ugh) at bay.
9. Fresh highlights. I always feel like a million bucks, and usually leave thinking “I’m totally going to start fixing my hair more often”. Ha.
10. Lipstick. To go along with the fresh new do’, of course.
11. Shiny, polished nails. It doesn’t matter if my day has gone to shite; I can look down at my manicured digits and feel just a bit more in control of my day. Weird, I know.
12. Music. It’s what brought my husband and I together, so it’s a major part of our lives.
13. Traveling. We love traveling as a family. We start planning our next trip while were on that trip, so we always have something to look forward to.
14. Libraries and books. What my childhood was made of.
15. Big bathtubs. I’m obsessed with baths, especially a reeeeeeally hot one.
17. Getting to savor a cup of coffee or hot tea. Too many days I gulp it down while I’m chasing a toddler, so when I do get to sit down and enjoy it, not only do I get a boost of caffeine, but a boost of happiness to my soul.
18. Spending time by myself.
19. Clean floors and a clean kitchen sink. Preferably cleaned by someone else..
20. My planner and to do list. If I don’t write it down, it’s lost in the rabbit hole that is my head.
21. Fresh flowers. I’ve made it a habit to always keep a fresh bunch in my kitchen near the sink. It’s a small expense that really makes me happy.
22. The beach. The waves crashing, the wet sand, the salty air smell. My element.
23. My kiddos’ playroom. I believe in the power of learning through play, so I’ve put a lot of thought into this space and what it includes. Future post on this to come.
24. The few hours after ALL the laundry in the house is clean. Welp, that was nice while it lasted.
25. Getting into bed with clean sheets AND freshly shaved legs. Ahhhhhh. Speaking of, if you don’t own bamboo sheets, you MUST. HAVE. THEM.
26. Breastfeeding. I totally feel superhuman when I think I’ve kept my child alive until now solely on a sustainable food source that my own body produces. Wicked wild!!
27. The sound of a summer night.
28. Target. Holla for the Dolla Spot.
29. Swimming with my kids and husband in our backyard pool.
30. Seeing my breath when it’s cold.
31. Freezing my bedroom out at night so I can snuggle deeeeeep in my covers. Preferrably to a temperature comfortable enough for penguins to live in.
32. Sweet tea.
34. THIS homemade sea salt butterscotch pudding. It’s what my dreams are made of.
35. Christmas. Especially now that I’m a mom. Seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child is so beautiful.
36. Girls night with my besties.
37. Hearing my daughter say, “I luff you”.
38. Being a stay-at-home mom.
40. Watching TED talks.
41. Trader Joe’s.
43. When my husband walks in the door at the end of a long day. Yay! Hi honey, welcome home. Here’s a kid. Aaaand cue the wine pour.
44. My crockpot. Makes me feel both savvy and lazy, all at the same time.
45. Amazon Prime. I honestly don’t think I could live without it.
46. Sleeping children. Unless I just pulled into the grocery store parking lot. Then I have to wake said kid up. Shite.
47. The moon. Every time I look at it, I think of this Sesame Street song from my childhood. 🙂
48. The colors yellow and mint green.
49. Birkenstocks. They just make my feet happy!
50. Last, but certainly not least, my faith. God is always on my side, even if I don’t deserve Him.
I hope you liked this! I tag everyone reading this to do the same. If you are a blogger, don’t forget to leave your link down below so I can check it out.